With one week until Halloween, it might be a good time to start planning your Halloween costume. This year instead of buying something from the store, why not embrace your inner maker and build something from scratch. Here are 5 ideas for fun, inexpensive homemade Halloween costumes.
1. Get Creative with Cardboard – You can make amazing things with cardboard. Free programs like 123D Make allow you export 3D models into homemade cardboard construction blueprints. It might be worth raiding your basement or recycling to find your next Halloween costume.
2. Origami Finger Claws – If you need a quick and easy costume in a pinch, this origami tutorial could come to the rescue.
3. Make an Up-cycled Ant Man Helmet – With this tutorial you can make a stunning prop helmet and recycle everyday materials.
4. Make a DIY Light Sabre – Feel the power of the Force with our tutorial for building a DIY light sabre out of everyday things you might have around the house.
5. Build a Homemade Captain America Shield – This tutorial walks you through how to build a replica Captain America shield made from actual metal.
Do you have plans to make a DIY Halloween costume? If you do, we’d love to hear about them. Share your maker costume ideas in the comments of this blog post.
If you liked this article, why not follow the MakerBus on twitter (@DHMakerBus) or like us on Facebook (/dhmakerbus)? We post some of the most creative maker projects found on the web every day. If you #getonthebus, we promise a fun ride!
-The MakerBus team