The DHMakerBus is a community project, and there are many different ways you can help to get us up and running. Below is a list of items we hope to have on the bus to work on various projects. If you have anything on this list and would like to donate it, we’ll gladly recognize you or your business on this page. When we hold events around London, there will be a collection point for used technology and tools, and if you are in the London area, we’ll gladly swing by and pick up any donations, just send us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2x4s, etc
- Chalkboards/Chalkboard paint
- Tape (Duct, Painters, etc)
Hand Tools/Power Tools:
Hammers—-> Thanks to Bryan Thom!
Dremel tools/bits—-> Thanks to Bryan Thom!
- Tape Measures
- Portable Workbenches
- Allen Keys/Screwdrivers
- Construction paper
Vacuum cleaner—-> Thanks to Bryan Thom!
- Toaster Oven
- Whipped Cream Cans
- Vacuum sealer
- Sewing Machines
- Video Cameras
- Used Cameras (digital or analog)
Micro-processors (we have a couple, but would like more to run future workshops 🙂
Raspberry Pi—-> Thanks to Declan Fleming and the ACCESS 2013 Conference Team!
Makey Makeys—-> Thanks to TechAlliance!
- Old computers or computer parts —> We are always looking for more, but thanks to: Mary-Beth Start
- Old game consoles (WII, PS, X-Box, etc)
- Old toys *these might be destroyed, so don’t donate anything you cherish!*
- Jewelry parts
- Button maker